Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Intro Letter Jonathan Sandoval


Hello my name is Jonathan Sandoval, I was born in Yokosuka, Japan but I am not Japanese. Both my parents are originally from the Philippines, which makes me Filipino. My father was in the U.S. Navy and was stationed in Yokosuka, Japan when I was born. When I was 4 we moved to San Diego, Ca where I have been since. I grew up in South San Diego until 4th grade. From 4th grade until High School I grew up in Rancho Penasquitos in San Diego. I graduated from Mount Carmel High School in Penasquitos and then graduated from SDSU with my BA in Graphic Design.

I have a pretty thorough overview of technology and have a lot of experience with working with technology. After I graduated from college I was a graphic and web designer for 5 years and still free lance every now and then. In the graphic design industry Mac is the computer of choice so I am basically a Mac person, but I do use a PC as well. I depend on technology every day. When I get up in the morning I usually check my email and constantly check it throughout the day. I am using the 2008 Microsoft Word edition. I also know how to use older versions of Microsoft Word.


A commitment to diversity and educational equity is what spoke out to me mostly in the mission statement. I believe that this is important in obtaining a teacher's credential because the world that we live in is very diverse. Especially, if you are looking to teach in Southern California we have a large population of Hispanic, Asian and other ethnicities. Providing equal education to all students is also important in that I believe all students no matter their intelligence deserves an education.

3 comments:

Jamie Inarda said...

Hey Jonathan. I think its pretty cool you got to be in Japan for 4 years whether you remember it or not, my dad was in the Navy too and I have been in San Diego my whole life. Your skills in computers is about 10x better than mine, but I do hope to learn a lot in this class.

Evette said...

I agree with your comment about the mission statement. We definitely need to be well-prepared educators so that we can teach our students effectively in a diverse classroom. Every student does deserve the right to an equal education as well as educators who care enough to provide them with it. Your ideas are great!

Roden Leynes said...

Hey Jonathan, let me guess you are a Jabbwockee fan? I watch America's Best Dance Crew also. I think Super Crew will win this season, but anywayz I think itz pretty cool to know that you're from Japan and being Filipino. I'm Filipino myself and I noticed that there is not that many that go here. I bet your computer skills is one highest from all our colleagues. I'm surprised you didn't design your page with more graphics, jk. I hope I get to learn alot in this class.